Important information for ORAL PRESENTATIONS:
Kindly remember that 'Ten Best Abstracts Session' will be held in Hall 9, March 31st / 14.15 - 16.15.
Presentations (only in Microsoft PowerPoint format) must be delivered to the Slide Center room at least two hours before the session starts; oral presentation speakers are kindly requested to upload the presentation with a USB device. Personal computers in the session rooms will not be accepted. Slide Center opening hours will follow the Organizing Secretariat opening hours.
Each Oral Presentation will have 10 minutes max.
Important information for POSTER PRESENTERS:
Posters should be no more than 70 cm (27.5 in) wide and 100 cm (39.4 in) high.
Please note that posters will be displayed in panels from March 30th to April t1st, 2017. Presenting Authors are kindly asked to attend their posters during break session in the Poster Area.
Posters will be identified by numbers on the boards.
Posters have equal importance as oral presentations.
Poster area will be set in the two corridors ‘Passi Perduti’ near the main meeting hall (Auditorium). Posters will be displayed during the whole Congress. Each poster will have one poster panel; space is not restricted, so posters will not be replaced by another group of posters.
Posters will be clearly signposted. Hang up your poster in the poster board with the number allocated to you and using the indicated material on Congress site by the hostess.
Posters can be mounted March 30th, from 8.00 am to 12.00 am and will be hang up until April 1st, at 4.00 pm. The Organizing Secretariat will not take care of non-removed posters.
Presenting Authors are kindly requested to remain next to posters during break times so that they can provide explanations, if required.
All abstracts have been submitted by the deadline of December 28th, 2016 (at midnight Italian CET UTC+2).
- Pain and Basic Science
- Perioperative Care and Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
One author at least per submitted paper must be registered for the conference. Abstracts for which no author has registered for the conference will not be included in the abstract book.
Please note that abstract submission username and password are different from congress registration passwords.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission. Abstracts must be original and must not have been presented previously or submitted to any other meeting.
Notification of abstract acceptance has been sent to the Presenting Author by email by January 15th, 2017.
Rules for Submission
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling, in a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Only abstracts presented by authors who have paid their registration fees will be scheduled for presentation and published on Fighting Pain.
- The author is expected to attend the congress and present the poster.
Abstract title: limited to 20 words
Abstract text: limited to 300 words (more will be delayed). Please note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added).
Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- Background and aims
Tables: a maximum of one table of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
Graphs and images: it is important to note that an image included in the abstract is worth 50 words. A maximum of one image can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG format only.
Draft abstracts: the submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes.
Please note that abstracts must be submitted before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the scientific program.
Conditions of acceptance
The content and literary standard of submitted abstracts are the author's responsibility and cannot be corrected after submission. All abstracts will initially be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by the Scientific Committee: they also reserve the right to determine whether a submission is accepted as an oral or poster presentation, or if it has to be set in an alternative thematic session than the one suggested by the authors.
Final instructions for poster or oral presentations will be included in the notification of acceptance.
Please be advised that you will be requested to confirm the following information when you submit your abstract.
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programmes, other promotions, etc.).
- The abstract submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to SIMPAR. The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. The abstract submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the content.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract, which does not comply with the above.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
IMPORTANT NOTE – ETHICS COMMITTEE APPROVAL
Only work that has received local animal or human ethics committee approval as appropriate will be considered for presentation and publication. A statement indicating ethics committee approval should be incorporated into the abstract and you will be requested to confirm that approval has been applied for/granted before you submit your abstract. Abstracts which have not received approval will not be accepted – unless they fit into the special categories below:
Ethical committee approval is required for the following scenarios:
- Clinical trials
- Perspective data collection – unless local committee authorizes otherwise
- Anonymous retrospective data collection – unless local committee or laws authorize otherwise
- Audit study – unless local committee authorizes otherwise.
Ethical committee approval is NOT required for the following scenarios:
- Questionnaire survey of medical personnel
- Case studies – with patient consent
- Historical research
- Research performed on artificial model
- Evaluation performed during pre-operative session – with receipt of informed consent.
Publication of abstracts
ALL ABSTRACTS ACCEPTED for oral and poster presentations WILL BE PUBLISHED ON THE “FIGHTING PAIN” JOURNAL. Abstracts for which no author has registered for the conference will not be included in the abstract book.
Notification of abstract acceptance
Notification of abstract acceptance has been sent to the presenting authors by email by January 15th, 2017.
Confirmation of receipt of abstracts
Presenting authors will be sent an automatic acknowledgement via e-mail to confirm that your abstract has been received.
Best Poster Competition
All accepted posters will be automatically considered for the BEST POSTER AWARD.
Best 10 abstracts for each of the 3 topics will be selected for ORAL PRESENTATION in the plenary session. The winner for each of the 3 topics will be awarded with a free full registration at ISURA – SIMPAR Meeting.
All the corresponding authors of accepted abstracts being less than 40 years old, will be also considered for the BEST YOUNG RESEARCHER AWARD. The winner will be awarded with the free full registration at ISURA-SIMPAR Meeting and will present the work in the plenary session.
- November 30th 2016: early bird registration deadline
- December 28th 2016: abstract submission deadline
- January 15th 2017: notification of abstract acceptance